Saturday, May 1, 2010

Whew what a day

I once again forgot to bring my camera home. I'll remember tomorrow.

Today we got a ton done.

The bedrooms, hallway, and living room were painted with their second coat (Thanks mom!). I need to trim the bedrooms in white and the hallway and living room in that other green.

We ripped up the carpet in the living room, the second bedroom, bathroom, hallway, and kitchen. The floor underneath is a really nice color, but needs to be refinished =/ It has these strange little dots on it. I'm not sure what it was from, but it looks like all the rooms need it.

The bathroom had mold, which was not a surprise. It wasn't too terrible, and there was linoleum underneath, so I don't have to replace any flooring, just put the new floating floor on top.

The carpet in the kitchen was amazingly hard to rip up. It was glued to the floor. Without Phil, it would still be there.

I ordered my countertop and bought the kitchen floor today. It is going to be Wilsonart laminate Lodestone which matches the Allure Yukon tank flooring I picked out really well :) (moreso than the images below, the darker floor tiles match the countertop almost exactly)

Countertop:


Kitchen flooring:


Now that the carpet is mostly up, I feel like I can get some serious work done. I can't wait to start on the kitchen. That is going to be one of the big changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment